Event Time and Date
Make an original and creative video that discusses mental health issues affecting college students.
Video submissions will be accepted by film amateurs and experts alike.
First place prize: $500
Second place prize: $200
Third place prize: $100
Submission Start: February 6th, 2017 (opens at midnight)
Submission End: March 7th, 2017 11:45 PM
Winner's Announcement: April 20, 2017
Video Showcase: Suicide Prevention Week 2017
-Open to University at Buffalo undergrad & grad students.
(Student employees & trainees of UB Counseling Services and Accessibility Resources are NOT eligible.)
-Enter by yourself, or team up with up to 4 other students (5 people total)
Video Eligibility & Judging Criteria
- Video MUST be 2 minutes, or less
- Video MUST be published to YouTube, MUST be published privately, and submitted through the “UB Counseling Services & Accessibility Resources Video Contest Submission” form on UB Linked
- Submission may be by individual (1 student) or as a group (up to 5 students total)
- Video pertains to mental health issues and the college population
- Video must provide film credits (students names), but DO NOT caption your video. Accessibility Resources will caption the winner’s videos.
- Video decreases stigma, increases awareness, and educates the viewer
- Video is creative & original
- Video quality: audio and visual should be easy to hear and see for viewers.
- Choose “best quality” as an option when publishing your video to YouTube.
For more information, click on the following documents:
“Q&A for Video Contest” document
“Mental Health & College Student Statistics” document
Links for “Sample Video”
All video submissions will be property of UB Counseling Services and Accessibility Resources.
To upload your submission please fill out the form here!