Recycling is a very important part of our daily lives and for nearly thirty years recycling has been focus at UB. However, more is required in order to be sustainable. UB is working toward achieving Zero Waste on campus. Zero Waste challenges us to greatly
reduce material waste on campus by promoting a different approach to waste: “Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle.”
The more we engage in the 5Rs, the less garbage ends up in our landfills. Practicing the 5Rs reduces air and water pollution and harmful greenhouse gas emissions. The 5Rs conserve energy, preserve natural resources and even help to create jobs. Reduce your
environmental footprint and take the 5Rs pledge today!
I Pledge to:
- Rethink consumption and make an effort to buy recycled and/or durable products
- Reduce my amount of disposable and non-durable products
- Reuse materials and reduce my waste
- Repair materials, clothing, etc. when possible
- Seek out recycling options
- Recycle items which no longer have use
- Encourage recycling to friends and family
Please type your name (first and last) in order sign the pledge and show your commitment:
Would you like your signature to remain anonymous?