The method of operation and security plan for the service of alcoholic beverages on university premises requires approval from the Alcohol Review Board. Specifically, the method of serving and security plan to assure all laws are followed and that visibly
intoxicated participants are not served require approval from the Board.
The exception to this policy exists if Three Pillars Catering is contracted to provide alcohol service. Three Pillars holds the liquor license of the University and are equipped to assure compliance.
It is important for events organizers and sponsors to recognize that compliance with all alcohol beverage laws, campus regulations as well as participant behavior is their responsibility.
Approval for alcohol service will be granted only under the following conditions:
- That alcoholic beverages will not be sold by anyone without a license. Under the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, the word "sale" means "any transfer, exchange or barter in any manner or by any means whatsoever for a consideration, and
includes and means all sales made by any person, whether principal, proprietor, agent, servant or employee of any alcoholic beverage and/or a warehouse receipt pertaining thereto."
Event entrance charges are not allowed.
- That permission for the use of a facility has been obtained from the appropriate university office or official.
- That individuals under 21 years of age will not be served, be given, or possess alcoholic beverages at the event.
- That individuals who are intoxicated, or who are apparently or actually under the influence of alcohol, will not be served or given alcoholic beverages at the event.
- That the method of service, the alcoholic beverages to be served, and the amount of alcoholic beverages are specified.
A bartender must be identified.
- That the supervisor(s) and methods of control are specified.
- That beer and wine are the only alcoholic beverages served.
- That sufficient non-alcoholic beverages and some types of food will also be available.
- That all state and university rules and regulations are complied with. Particular attention should be paid to Article 4 of the University Rules and Regulations. Other sections of these rules and regulations may also be applicable. And,
- That the organization and/or individual requesting permission to serve alcoholic beverages shall be held responsible for any damage, breakage, violations of regulations, and providing for cleaning up after the event.
- That those responsible understand that they are personally liable for the behavior of guests.
For your convenience in obtaining a timely response,
Please fill out and submit 2 weeks prior to event